- The standard period of study is 4 semesters.
- The first two semesters provide practice orientated theory (case studies, working in labs, excursions, expert meetings…).
- The third and fourth semester is spent working as an intern in a production facility or SCM department to gain more practical experience. The Master’s Thesis has to be written during this time as well.
- After successful completion of the program, Hof University of Applied Sciences awards the academic degree Master of Business Administration and Engineering (M.B.A. and Eng.).
The Master’s program contains 12 modules, 5 ECTS per module (4 basic modules + 6 core modules + 2 elective modules):
- Applied Economics and Research on the German Market
- Communication and Negotiation Skills
- Leadership and Change Management
- Strategic and Financial Framework
- Factory Planning and Engineering
- Production Process Excellence
- Quality Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Industry 4.0/Data Management
- Production Execution and Logistics
- Information and Process Management
- Corporate Strategy and Controlling
- Project Management
- Procurement Management and Risk Management
- Industrial Marketing and Sales Strategies
- Recent Trends in Operational Excellence
- German language A2*
- German language B1*
* If you have a German language level of A1 at the point of admission, the modules German A2 and B1 are mandatory. Other elective modules may be passed as additional modules but will not count toward your degree and can be charged with an extra fee.
Students having advanced German language knowledge on level B1 or higher are free in choosing two elective modules. German language B2 or C1 can also be selected as electives.
The 3rd and 4th semester are dedicated to an internship (30 ECTS) in a company and a practical Master's Thesis (30 ECTS). For entering the internship, all students have to prove at least the German language level B1.
- Application of the methodological procedures, which were obtained and trained during the entire program.
- The thesis should be written during the internship and should cover a current topic of the company.
- Topic selection has to be done in accordance with the supervising professor.
For an admission in this Master program, you need to fulfill the following admission criteria:
- A Bachelor’s degree or similar from an accredited university in engineering sciences, at least 180 ECTS or equivalent (depending on the home country)
- Proficiency in English, proven by either
- official test score documents (TOEFL minimum 90 or IELTS 6.5 or above) or
- confirmation that the Bachelor’s program was taught completely in English language
- Basic language skills in German, proven by official test score documents (e.g. Goethe, telc, ÖSD) - minimum level A1 according to the CEFR (The Common European Framework of Reference for Languages).
- In individual cases, other certificates can be accepted, if they contain at least the following information: name and address of issuing institution, responsible persons/teachers, level according to the CEFR, content and grade of the exam).
- Attendance certificates are not sufficient as proof of basic German language skills.
- One year of work experience