Semester 1 and 2: Full-time studies at Hof University (4 basic modules, 6 core modules, 2 elective modules; 60 ECTS in total)
Semester 3 and 4: Supervised Internship (30 ECTS) in Germany or abroad and Master Thesis (30 ECTS)
The Mater's program consists of 12 modules, 5 ECTS per module (4 basic modules + 6 core modules + 2 elective modules):
- Project management
- Internet of things
- Software engineering
- Communication and negotiation skills
- Component oriented software development
- Advanced programming
- Concepts and tools for application development
- Practical studies - Industry 4.0
- Non-relational data bases
- Applied cloud computing
- German language A1
- German language A2 (higher levels also available)
- Analytical information systems
- Mobile computing
- Recent trends in software engineering
The 3rd and 4th semesters are dedicated for an internship in a company, training modules (30 ECTS) will also take place at this time. During that period of study the Master's thesis (30 ECTS) has to be written as well. For entering the internship, all students should have the German language level A2.
- Application of the methodological procedures, which were obtained and trained during the entire program.
- The thesis has to be written during the internship and should cover a current topic of the company.
We are looking for applicants with a Bachelor degree in Computer Science or a related field. In order to attend this Master programme, a good knowledge in the areas of software engineering, programming, database systems and computer networks is required.
Applicants need to be proficient in English which is the language of instruction of all courses.
In particular the following topics have to be covered by a first degree:
- Hardware: Computer components, micro controller programming
- Software Engineering: Models, requirements engineering, design languages, software validation
- Programming: Extensive experience in the application of an object oriented programming language (e.g. C++, Java). Participation in the implementation of a large scale application.
- Database Systems: Relational and object oriented database technology, database normalisation, SQL, programming interfaces (e.g. ODBC, JDBC, etc.), transactions, indexing
- Networks: General principles of computer networks, socket communication, object oriented communication methods (e.g. Corba, Remote Method Invocation)
Additional professional experience in the software industry is strongly recommended.
You need a high level of academic English as all lectures are taught in English. We require one of the following proofs of your proficiency in English:
- IELTS (Academic Training; Band 6.5) or
- TOEFL internet-based test (minimum score: 90)
Please note: This list is a guide. Applications are assessed on an individual basis. Other proof of English proficiency may be considered.